Intel Mobility Processor For Laptops???

Kenneth L

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
Does anybody know if intel is making or planning or if that even possible to make a 6 core mobility processor just like i7 980x for desktop and the 980x is

$200 more than the 975x which is a quad. Because I'm like $400 short of buying the 920xm and so I don't want to buy it then Intel releases the 6 core

mobility chip like for $200 more...I swear I'll kill myself if that happens...so is Intel making one or not??? Thank.

Solution
Probably not.
We know the desktop Sandy Bridge is going into a 1155 socket vs the 1156 socket of the Clarkdale. More important it's going to use a different PWM power management strategy meaning the motherboards aren't compatible. Expect the laptops to mirror the desktop changes.
Probably not.
We know the desktop Sandy Bridge is going into a 1155 socket vs the 1156 socket of the Clarkdale. More important it's going to use a different PWM power management strategy meaning the motherboards aren't compatible. Expect the laptops to mirror the desktop changes.

Solution

Kenneth L

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
Great so these are the new generation processors...gotta built everything from the ground up to support the thing...well I don't think its worth the wait I'm going with the 920...WR2 thanks for the info...don't know how I didn't find that sandy bridge I did days of googling...