internet disconnects and laptop freezes

Theodore_92

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017
Ok so i have a dell inspiron 17 5000 series and where i work at has shoddy internet connection and everytime my laptop disconnects from the internet it freezes and i have to restart. i just bought this laptop less then a month ago please someone help me.

Solution
Try this....

First, make sure your laptop is 'not' connected to the modem/router via an Ethernet cable and follow the steps:

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "Wi-Fi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type in the password and...
Try this....

First, make sure your laptop is 'not' connected to the modem/router via an Ethernet cable and follow the steps:

1. Go to "Control Panel".

2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".

3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".

4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.

5. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.

6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "Wi-Fi networks".

7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".

8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.

It should now be connected.

NOTE: If this doesn't work, you may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, repeat the above steps. Which obviously you may not have the ability to do at work. :)

A side note, if this doesn't resolve the problem, and the WiFi works elsewhere, then it is something at your work that is the issue. If, however, you get this issue anywhere you access WiFi, then I would contact the manufacturer as there may be a problem with the device and it should be under warranty since it is so new.

Solution