internet works fine for 15~ seconds then stops for 3~ seconds then repeats

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
Your going to need to do a process of elimination. Call your ISP and have them open a ticket. Ask them to monitor for 24 hours with a "network sniffer". If they are causing the problem, great. If they come back to you and say its internal to your system/network you are going to need some form of internal network monitoring program. Some modems/routers supply this while others do not. If your running a mac, look in to purchasing INet for a few dollars. If your running a PC open up the network monitor and look at the running processes that are in effect when the bandwidth consumption begins. If you can narrow it down to a single process or program great. Try googling that process/program to see if others encountered a similar issue. Hang in there!

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
Your going to need to do a process of elimination. Call your ISP and have them open a ticket. Ask them to monitor for 24 hours with a "network sniffer". If they are causing the problem, great. If they come back to you and say its internal to your system/network you are going to need some form of internal network monitoring program. Some modems/routers supply this while others do not. If your running a mac, look in to purchasing INet for a few dollars. If your running a PC open up the network monitor and look at the running processes that are in effect when the bandwidth consumption begins. If you can narrow it down to a single process or program great. Try googling that process/program to see if others encountered a similar issue. Hang in there!

ivogelezarov

Estimable
May 22, 2014
So, this happened at around 2AM, I went to sleep, woke up and now everything is running fine. I suppose my ISP was doing some maintenence or something like that, it seems completely fixed now. Thank you for the reply, anyway, and sorry for troubling you.

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010

No trouble at all - it was my pleasure. Glad to hear everything worked out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 2
Kohai-Amber Laptop Tech Support 2
I Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 6
P Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1