iOS 4 Causing iPod Touch Battery Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ms was wrong apple products doesn't just work
the only thing that is sure to work at apple is the billing department. download EJukebox today and get off the iTunes money machine

orionite

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
I did have the same feeling on my iPhone 3gs. I haven't measured it, but the battery subjectively seems to not last as long.

maloy4life

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
apple installed a battery draining virus that kills your battery life and forces you to spend more money on newer products...i am no longer a apple fan and will boycott there products, everyone should do the same.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]johnh2005[/nom]icomplainer: Oh noes my iPod's does not works as it used to, z batteries drains faster.Steve Jobs: Your iDevice just needs a new extended battery. We just happen to sell then now for $39.95 plus you have to pay to ship your device to us, wait three to 13 weeks, pay return shipping and a $99.99 service fee and your iDevice will be as intended.iComplainer: Thank you lord and master Jobs.[/citation]
You see you only get thumbed up if it is a funny mocking... this was not. better luck next time.

furthermore I am baffled by the whole situation with apple. A few days ago we had a rage of articles which basically said: apple sucks at everything, and I thought this could not be worsened on. Today, the news has proven me wrong.

G

A fee things drain your battery faster, the biggest being persistent wifi that keeps the wifi on at all time. That us the biggest drain on the battery. I turn off the wifi on my iPod 3G and it lasts almost like it used go overnight. Folders and wallpaper also seem to eat up battery life for some reason. I used to have two pages of folders and got it down to one and noticed that my battery life got longer with fewer folders spread across fewer pages. To be honest I was expecting a shortened battery life. It happened in the is 3 upgrade with push notifications. It wasn't as drastic but it was still there

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Just Buy our brand new extended batteries sold on apple or just turn it off after use. maybe you are holding it the wrong way, ooh i forgot you where sleeping... well just place it somewhere else!

...Steve Jobs

G

I have this problem on my 3g Ipod Touch 8gb. The solution: TURN OFF YOUR WI-FI when you are not using it. iOS4 does not automaticallly shut off your Wi-Fi, even when you power off. It's pretty lame, hopefully they fix this soon with an update.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
A: Who the hell keeps wi-fi (and bluetooth) on if they aren't using it? They're notorious for draining batteries!

B: Dude, it's iPhone

A: Oh...

jimslaid2

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Yeah I re downloaded 3.1.2 and modified my hosts file and put my ipt back after upgrading to 4.0. It gave me reception issues with wi-fi and killed my battery. Too bad I had to go the unofficial way to revert back to a more stable ios.

arvedui

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
I had the same problem with my iPod Touch when I upgraded to iOS 4. I just turn airplane mode on when I'm not using it, and when I need to use wifi, I switch it off. My battery life went back to normal after that. So the problem is almost certainly with the wifi being on all the time, and Apple needs to make that an option.

micmic

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Hi to all

Good thing this issue have been address already - my issue started after a week when i updated my ipod touch 2nd gen to iOS4 - yes this problem is real and i have troubleshot it quite few times to determine if it is a hardware issue or software -

I notice this once that when brightness, push notification, wifi is turned on all the time (right now im using iOS4) after i lock the system or goto standby mode - after 1 hour of just plainly my ipod touch is on standby mode - my battery is down to 20% already - so what i did - i restore completely my ipod touch to factory default (if planning to do this - i would recommend not to unless just for the sake of experimenting)- with still iOS4 installed - no apps installed (except for default ipod apps) - wifi off - no push notification, everything is working fine on my ipod touch when it is on standby mode - but once wifi, push and even just downloading apps from the istore - the battery meter goes righ away to 50% and then 20% the battery seem does not want to hold the charge, this with in 20 min of use. i tried to completely drain my ipod touch - problem is when it is completely drain - "sometimes" when i charge my ipod touch my system will not detect it (using Windows) , it gives me the apple screen of death - so what i have to do is restore it again - so im going on a loop here to figure out how to fixed the issue -thank God that im not the only one is having this problem - this is a real problem of the iOS 4 for ipod touch users 2nd gen - right now i have will go back to the istore and have them it downgrade it back to ios3.1.3 - i could remember that when i just have my ipod touch lock - it can go standby to more than 24hours but with the iOS4 - hope a fixed will come soon.....

jezzarisky

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
I have iOS 4 on my 3G ipod Touch (32GB)and I have left it for days, only occasionally playing music for maybe an hour here and there, and have never had a need to charge it. I don't keep bluetooth, or wifi on. However I have had minor problems with itunes v9.2 such as when the ipod is connected it doesn't report on the little battery icon if its charging, my ipod won't automatically sync until I awaken it, and it was trying to authorize my computer again to the itunes store(I only noticed because I'm on my fifth computer and it won't let me have six computers running my still DRM music)

Status
Not open for further replies.