iPad 2 home screen shakes and power button won't work

kevin_allen

Estimable
Jun 13, 2014
Hi,

As the title says, my iPad 2's home screen was shaking and the power (sleep/wake) button stops working.
I have turned reduce motion on in settings and it stops shaking. I want to turn it off (by tapping and holding the lock screen option on AssistiveTouch) but I'm afraid I can't turn it on again. What's wrong? Is this a software or hardware problem (or both)?

BTW I just got a software update to iOS 7.1.2, should this fix the problem?

SuperSVGA

Estimable
Jul 14, 2014
If you turn it off and can't turn it on again, don't worry, just plug in the 30 Pin Dock Connector to a computer or USB charger and it should turn on.

Does the Sleep/Wake button push down at all or even make a click? If it's stuck it's possible that part of the button inside broke off and now the button can't be pushed anymore.

The shaking issue is one I've heard of a lot but never found an issue for but turning on Reduce Motion. Something to do with the way Parallax detects you moving the device. What does it do in games that use the Gyroscope?

kevin_allen

Estimable
Jun 13, 2014

The Sleep/wake button can be pushed down as normal, no clicking sound but the screen doesn't want to turn on/off. Anyway, I can turn off the screen by using the AssistiveTouch.

I tried testing the gyroscope by playing Temple Run 2. The running man is shaking but I can still tilt the device normally.

Thanks for answering!