Ipad vs Samsung Question

olsaltydog

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Ok so my wife's Ipad has seemed to have crapped out which doesn't bother me, it was a first model so has been used for years. I been looking into new tablets based on her usage, reading, surfing the net, and playing movies stored for the kids. While she had the 32gb Ipad she always had issues with memory not being enough, so I am trying to convince her to get a Samsung tablet.

This way I can store her movies on a SD card and she can swap in/out the card to keep her movie list there, but not interfering with her tablets memory. She doesn't want anything else because of face-time, does anyone know if Samsung has a program like face-time, I know face-time itself is Apple only but usually someone comes along and develops a third party application that interfaces between two systems. Is there anything out there yet?

olsaltydog

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
I was hoping more along the line of something that would interface a samsung video chatting app with the Ipads facetime app. Several of her family members have iphones or ipads and she wants to still be able to facetime them while at the same time not requiring them to add more to their system.

I also don't trust Skype.

I may have to go with old trusty, happy wife, happy life.

olsaltydog

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
That might actually be a good option, I try to wait for family and friends to get onboard with things but there are times I may have to coerce the situation. Memory to me was a bigger issue then facetime, for my wife she thinks facetime is the bigger concern.

danp1

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
Stick with the Ipad, she is used to it. Buy a NAS to store stuff on and install a file browser to access the files. That way she can watch the movies in the house.
Facetime works on IOS only. Skype works on IOS and Android but you need to get your friends using IOS to install Skype. If the volume is turned off you will not hear Skype calls. Facetime turns the volume up for incoming calls.