iPhone 4 Sells 1.7 Million Units in Three Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
I compared iPhone 4 from AT&T, EVO 4G from Sprint and Galaxy S on T-mobile and iPhone is clear in the lead.

I won't upgrade my 4 line family plan until late July but the more I read into it the more I leans towards iPhone. Sprint is good but each EVO is $10 extra and they don't have good non EVO phone.

footsoldier

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
A major design flow with their product and Apple is ignoring it. telling us not to hold it that way (if translated means F*** you and give me my money). This company lost all my respect. A good company who loves their reputation and care for their customers will definitely 100% take back all their products and revise it for free. But still, idiotic apple fans will buy it.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
So that makes 1.7million people that "hold their phones the wrong way" according to apple.

Hrm...1,700,000 x $29 = $49,300,000 in rubber band sales?

I wonder how many of those 1.7m will actually accept the rubber band as a solution and fork over the $29 bucks.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
It's already at all the Softbanks (mobile provider) here in Japan. I've played with a few.

I can't figure out why I can never find a store to demo the HTC Desire. . .

G

It's already been announced that the antennae issue is SOFTWARE not HARDWARE. It's also been announced even if the reception drops it's giving you a false reading and you won't have any issues. My Iphone 3G & 3GS is doing the same thing since upgrading to iOS4. 1.7 million ppl will get the update in a few days when it comes out and 1.7 million ppl are going to be happy. Are you all forgetting the past history of brand new products? There's always bugs. At least Apple irons them out quickly.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Strider-Hiryu_79[/nom]So that makes 1.7million people that "hold their phones the wrong way" according to apple.Hrm...1,700,000 x $29 = $49,300,000 in rubber band sales?I wonder how many of those 1.7m will actually accept the rubber band as a solution and fork over the $29 bucks.[/citation]

Lots if not most. What's sad is the rubber band probably cost 50 cents to make.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
All of that wealth a lot of people could be buying houses but that wealth is not being spread that's what happens when people buy from only one company.

hythos

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype

I own a Storm (first version) which I prefer - the screen "click" generally functions as a double-click, and is less likely to accidentally click on the wrong telephone number in the middle of the night. Also, I can delete single entries from my phone log so I don't get questioned from my GF as to why I called my boss at 1AM.

hythos

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
Damn comment editor cut me off :p
The Storm is worth its weight in gold. Also, I will be converting mine into a PIPboy soon(tm).

I have also used a company-issued iphone for the past 18 months. The Apple thinking of having to hold the unit up-right for the main view is absolutely absurd. Also, the phone is too sensitive, often mis-dialing numbers while simply scrolling through my 'recents' list. Makes for a wonderful conversation the next morning with the boss as to why I called him at 1AM.
You can also only delete ALL of the phone-log and not single entries. Mis-dial 1 number, and it's stuck there til you wipe 'em all. Then have to explain to the GF why your phone list is blank, and what you're trying to hide.

I've used an Android, but I'm not impressed. I have no need for applications I'll never use.

I have played with the Storm II, but I don't like how they moved the 'phone/blackberry/back/hangup' buttons to be on-screen and not independent.

I'm awaiting the Windows phone to haxx0r it.

Apple is all hype. I can name 20 people whom have bought the iPhone because they are Apple fanbois / gurls (sympathizers); I have found nearer to 50 whom have bought an iPhone because they want to be hip and cool like everyone else, and consequently will never use any of the 'applications' they claim was the reason they purchased it for - even if they could ever figure out in the first place.

Apple = hype, unreliable, fast downloads when possible.
Blackberry Storm = very useful, reliable, dependable.
Droid / Android = versatile, extra stuff I know I'll never use.
Windows Phone = I'm a fanboy. If it can be haxx0red to run Windows Programs (IE, Basic, C++ Compiler) - I'll be happy.
HTC = ? never used one.

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
With the whole antenna issue. I wonder how long till a phrase like "iPhone Hold" is coined.. Or will "don't hold it that" live forever...

eaw2539

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
I'm willing to bet that most of you have never seen or touched an iPhone 4. I own one, and have yet to see any problems with it at all, aside from the reception issue, which is hardly significant and can be fixed by using any case (which most people do anyway). I suggest you guys all stop the ignorant bashing of companies (including Microsoft, Apple, and ALL other major corporations) and look at the actual PRODUCTS. All products have their flaws, but the iPhone is the clear leader in the smartphone market.

For the record, I hate Apple except for their mobile products. The ease of use really comes in handy when you're fooling around on a touch screen or touch wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.