iPhone 4G: Video Chat Finally Arrives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssgg

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
So....I was thinking, what if you do video chat on a 3G phone? I realize you can, but I realize and learned that the person can only see you, you can't see the person. Is it ONLY because you have to turn the phone around???

inthere

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
No idea, but what i DO know is the day you get video chat on a phone Skype servers are going to be on consta-crash for at least 2 weeks.

ajsellaroli

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
The iphone is behind the innovation this time. The EVO already has a front facing camera. Apple's just trying its best to catch up.

G

my touch pro has video chat, but it is a European version. USA is so behind. Japan has video chat years ago and so does Europe.

KAMLOTTON

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
And I thought that apple was way abck while their first iphone had no front camera.. seriously, in europe almost every phone got it since few years already... But even if that's so popular as hardware option, using it os not so popular here, propably due to support for video calls from operators and people not being used to it, propably most of them don't even know they can perform stuff like this...

xophaser

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2007
4g (up to 5-7mb per sec) is better then 3g (up to 1.5mb), but technically 3g should be sufficient for most phone use. I have done video chat a computer with just 1.5mb before, granted 5mb is better. We are not going to do google earth on a cellphone are we? True that they are going to have to add another camera on the touch screen side.

why didn't the iPad just include 4g in the first place, except to add it on latter for a new model so people have to run out and buy that.

applerocks

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]applerocks[/nom]Apple invents the video chat! Hurray!and PS. Death to FLASH![/citation]
Because no provider other than Spring has 4G up and running, and Sprint's coverage sucks worse than AT&T!

G

Do not buy the new iphone 4g now. Waiting for them issue the new Hardware/Software?? This time is it very bad iphone 4g

G

I want an app for my Evo for free for Oovoo does Oovoo even have that

G

Is there a FREE "skype" like program that I can use on wifi in airplane mode (NOT 3G) in France? My verizon Samsung Facinate does not allow skype to be used from France :(

Status
Not open for further replies.