Iphone 5 unresponsive (touch)screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrepsajx

Estimable
Mar 20, 2018
So i went swimming yesterday and when i was half in the swimming pool when i noticed my phone was in my pocket. A minute later i put it in the oven at 50°C, when i came home i opened the phone and put in the oven again for 1 hour. then i went to sleep and charged it the whole night. This morning the phone worked again... YESSSS!! ...except for the touchscreen,
it shows me messages, etc. and i can press the home button but the touchscreen doesn't not respond.

Can someone please help or send a good tutorial or something like that?

Solution
Some times, pure dumb luck is the best luck of all.

Just in case, keep making regular backups.

Well done!

BTW, opening up may have just been what was needed to get rid of the last moisture in the phone. You were VERY lucky.

xrepsajx

Estimable
Mar 20, 2018

you answered a bit to late... because i opened my phone while it was on because my lock button is broke. i removed the battery and screen, plugged them back in and after closing my phone i booted it up and there was an infinite boot/apple logo screen. I opened it back again and did the same thing with the screen alone and now my screen (-> phone) is... yeah i'm pretty sure you can call it... DEAD.

i'm gonna buy a new screen+parts for €24, you can also buy the €39 A+ version but i don't think i need that. Unless you really recommend it!
i'm also planning to buy a new phone anyway soon (Huawei P20 Lite) because Apple is much too expensive! (the iphone X is dope tho

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Some times, pure dumb luck is the best luck of all.

Just in case, keep making regular backups.

Well done!

BTW, opening up may have just been what was needed to get rid of the last moisture in the phone. You were VERY lucky.

Solution

xrepsajx

Estimable
Mar 20, 2018
yeah, i'm very lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.