Iphone 6 screen is messy (maybe wrong session)

Chimi02

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015
When I got home today my phone looked like this http://imgur.com/1qVu1Qa

Everything works with it except it looks like that (the touch aswell). I replaced the screen maybe 3 months ago but I havent had any problem until now. (Its not original, have the original left somewhere).

And again sorry if it´s in the wrong session

Solution
LCD screens work via electrical contacts along two edges (one vertical, one horizontal) addressing all the rows or columns of the screen. One side activates one row, the other side tells the columns of pixels in that row how to light up. Then the next row is activated and the process repeated.

The vertical lines mean the horizontal contacts (along the top or bottom edge) is intermittent or offset. Common causes are water inundation, or a physical jolt causing the contacts to shift or disconnect. The LCD (the pixel-displaying portion) is just fine, they're just not properly receiving the electrical signals telling them what to display.

Since you say it's definitely not water and you've already replaced the screen, you can try...

HDMI703

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014

Your lcd is broken probaly.

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
or the phone got water damage or you hit it in one corner and screen is broken

any option means new parts, if it is water damage i wouldn't bother fixing it, get another

if it is a damaged screen, broken, buy the part and install it, in your case, again

as you see spare partsn ot original, are hit and miss

Chimi02

Estimable
Mar 15, 2015

So the only option is changing the display again?

Edit: It's not water damaged

LCD screens work via electrical contacts along two edges (one vertical, one horizontal) addressing all the rows or columns of the screen. One side activates one row, the other side tells the columns of pixels in that row how to light up. Then the next row is activated and the process repeated.

The vertical lines mean the horizontal contacts (along the top or bottom edge) is intermittent or offset. Common causes are water inundation, or a physical jolt causing the contacts to shift or disconnect. The LCD (the pixel-displaying portion) is just fine, they're just not properly receiving the electrical signals telling them what to display.

Since you say it's definitely not water and you've already replaced the screen, you can try opening it up again as if you're replacing it. Try shifting or massaging the horizontal contacts a bit. Hopefully they're just a little loose. If you can get them back in their proper position with a strong connection, the screen should work again.

Solution