IPhone4 won't sync with Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjakubik

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
Hello,
My brand-new iPhone4 will not sync with Outlook (iTunes tells me it is syncing contacts, then calendar, but nothing actually happens nor do I receive an error message).

I had Outlook Small Business 2007, and was advised by the Apple Genius Bar to upgrade to Office 2010 to fix the issue, which did not. I'm at a loss because my productivity is getting shot.

Please advise. Thanks!

sjakubik

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
Another update...it worked for a little while on 2003. The contacts synched and still sync fine. The calendar, however, won't sync anything that's recurring, and now won't sync anything at all, whether from the phone to the PC or vice versa. Ugh.

Hasn't anyone else had this problem? Surely I'm not alone! Thanks!

sjakubik

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
Thanks, Buwish; unfortunately, I have already tried all of those tricks! The weird thing is that contacts and notes are synching great, but not calendar at all. Ugh. Thanks for the ideas!

sjakubik

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
I found a workaround, albeit a clunky one.

Remember that I am using an iPhone 4 with Microsoft Outlook 2007 (not Exchange), and my Contacts and Notes would sync great with iTunes but the Calendar would not sync at all.

While I still demand that Apple fix this issue, the workaround is this:

1: export your Outlook calendar as a CSV file to your desktop or someplace you can easily fine
2: open a Google calendar account and go to "settings" (in the top right corner) and then "calendar settings". Click on the "calendars" tab and go down to "import calendar." Browse to your CSV file and upload it.
3: Go to your iPhone and click on settings>mail, contacts, calendars>add account>other.
4: Scroll down to "calendars" and click on "add CalDAV account." Input www.google.com for the server and your login information, then hit next. This should pull all of the CSV data you just uploaded to Google
5: The only caveat is while it uploads automatically from Google>iPhone, it doesn't do it automatically from Outlook>Google. I've set up a reminder for myself to go export that CSV file twice a week.

It ain't perfect, but it's a band-aid until they get their act together. Good luck, everyone!

smunie

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

Did you ever get this working?
I have a 4s that's doing the same thing. It worked for a couple days the stopped. Notes and contacts still sync but calendar does not. It does look like syncing with Gnail calendar is nor easier with ios5 but I want iTunes/Outlook to sync like it did with the original iPhone.

zcfineins

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
my Contacts and Notes would sync great with iTunes but the Calendar would not sync at all.
g.gif

samboycott

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
iphone 4s is ruining with more and more issues day by day. When you are trying to get something very costly then why not to get a best one. Shift to the new Lumia with 100 percent more features than the iphone.
you can also check out or edit your office documents and get access to millions of new apps.
Get the Lumia not the iphone. :hello:

jackebacon

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
It is a very good and also If you are an intensive applications such as Address Book, Outlook or iTunes users, an iPhone will easily sync your best choice, with them. Android is Google's servers with seamless synchronization, but not as happy with other popular data sources.

sjakubik

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
No Smunie, I never did; I'm trying tonight to get my Outlook to automatically sync to Google using Google Sync, but it's still in the process of synching so I have nothing yet to report. It's still pretty frustrating.

egilliard

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

I just purchased the Lumia 900 with Windows and discovered it does not have sync capabilities for calendar or notes

Ojahh

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
This is the only thread I found that lists a similar issue so sorry for the half year Necro.

Okay this is the toughest to crack problem I ever encountered, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the issue narrowed down to the following:

Contacts and Notes are being synced no problem.
Appointments or Calendars created in Outlook are not showing up on the iPhone or iPad.
If I create an Appointment on the iPhone and sync it, it will not appear in outlook, but syncing the iPad afterwards, it will show then on the iPad calendar.

This issue only started in the last couple of weeks, previously everything worked just fine.

The system is running Vista Home Premium SP2 and was using outlook 2007, In the process I upgraded to 2010 (was putting it off for weeks) the iPhone4 and iPad2 are on iOs 6.1.

*I completely reinstalled iTunes with a fresh download this morning.

*Antivirus is MS Security essentials.

*iCloud is not being used, only USB sync.

*Reset sync history

*Resetting the phone did not fix the issue.

*Removing 3rd party add-ons in outlook07/10 did not help.

*set exepctions for iTunes outlook syncserver

The fact that I can create things on the phone sync with the PC, delete them on the phone and then restore them using the one time phone overwrite option in iTunes makes me believe that the sync is working as intended but the communication between iTunes and outlook is flawed.

Any ways to tackle this?

psheirich

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013

I am having the same problem. Here I thought Apple was supposed to be better than Microsoft, but that just isn't true. My phones bluetooth never worked either. I don't think they care. They expect us to just buy the next version of their phone. My Outlook Sync used to work fine prior to 6.x, but it's been problematic ever since. I love my iPhone, but . . . if we cant do something as basic as syncing with our home Outlook calendar when virtually every other phone can, then there is a problem. I hope we find a solution, but again - I think Apple doesn't care, and just wants to make more money by having us buy then next release of their product. The new Blackberry or Samsung might just wind up being our next phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.