ips monitor backlight bleed

alsar88

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
so i just bought a nice ips panel monitor and discovered it has backlight bleeding, if i can exchanging, would i get better results or am i going to be disappointed to find out none will be without bleed ? LG brand

Solution
It is hard to say. Is the bleed uniform or is it only on the one side of the screen? If it is uniform it is probably the standard IPS glow that you are seeing but if it is unsymmetrical then it might be that the screen is just a bit loose from the other layers of the panel on that side. There are videos that show potential fix for this on youtube if you type "backlight bleed fix" which can involve from pushing gently on the panel with a cloth to disassembling the screen which I wouldn't recommend. But if you have warranty and the option to replace it, then maybe try it.
Typically if the bleed is uniform then you will probably get that with the next monitor also, but if the bleed is in places (e.g. top right corner) then go for it and...

gaborbarla

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
It is hard to say. Is the bleed uniform or is it only on the one side of the screen? If it is uniform it is probably the standard IPS glow that you are seeing but if it is unsymmetrical then it might be that the screen is just a bit loose from the other layers of the panel on that side. There are videos that show potential fix for this on youtube if you type "backlight bleed fix" which can involve from pushing gently on the panel with a cloth to disassembling the screen which I wouldn't recommend. But if you have warranty and the option to replace it, then maybe try it.
Typically if the bleed is uniform then you will probably get that with the next monitor also, but if the bleed is in places (e.g. top right corner) then go for it and replace it, but you never know what you gonna get.
Gabor

Solution