Solved! Is 720p projector suitable for me

boo3dmax

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Hi All,
I am planning to buy a 720p projector. Here is what my setup is:
I play games and watch movies in my 22" LCD with my PC - Core2Due 1.6GHz, GeForce 8800GT.
Will this setup be okay for the big 720p projector screen? (72")

I don't want to use any dvd players but my PC only for both gaming and watching movies in the projector.
Plz help. thanks in advance.

Solution
It just means that on your projector, each individual pixel will be displayed that much larger. Depending on how close you sit to the projection screen, you may not even notice it. Also, the screen size for the projector is going to depend on how far it sits from the screen. This is called the "Throw Distance". The smaller the Throw Distance, the smaller the screen (but still keeping the 1024x720 resolution).

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator-pro.cfm

This site can give you some data on your selected projector. Just select the manufacturer and model numbers from the drop down boxes.

-Wolf sends
Your system doesn't really care how large the image is, only what the resolution is. I'm guessing your 22" LCD is at a resolution of 1680x1050, which is greater than 720p. If your system can handle playing games on your monitor, it will have no problems playing on the projector.

While gaming performance won't be compromised, image quality may be. I don't think projectors were made with gaming in mind, but movies should be a blast (I know I enjoy mine).

-Wolf sends

boo3dmax

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
hey thanks for the reply, i got it, now my doubt is how the resolution corresponds with the inches of the screen?
i mean my 22" LCD is 1680x1050 while they say for 720p projector with 1024x720 is 72" screen size. Can you please shed some light on this?

It just means that on your projector, each individual pixel will be displayed that much larger. Depending on how close you sit to the projection screen, you may not even notice it. Also, the screen size for the projector is going to depend on how far it sits from the screen. This is called the "Throw Distance". The smaller the Throw Distance, the smaller the screen (but still keeping the 1024x720 resolution).

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator-pro.cfm

This site can give you some data on your selected projector. Just select the manufacturer and model numbers from the drop down boxes.

-Wolf sends

Solution

TRENDING THREADS