Solved! Is it okay to charge?

Oct 11, 2018
i have an andriod one plus one, and i spilled tea all over it. my charging port looked completely dry and i checked to see if it would charge (and it did). it looks like there was a lot of water around where the camera is (on the back). overall most of the body looked dry and my case was just pretty wet. it can turn on and off and it still works as usual
is it okay to charge? ive heard of things that it could mess up the internals
please help me, i have OCD and it revolves a lot around my phone and it feels like im going to have a panic attack if its not happening alreadt. any help is greatly appreciated thank you so much

Solution
Any liquid spilled on a device means you should open the device, remove the battery, and let the device dry out somewhere, alone and untouched for a few days. Yes I do mean days. If the liquid was something that can turn sticky, like tea, then after it has dried you need to take something like rubbing alcohol and clean anywhere the liquid could have gotten. Then leave that to dry well for a few hours.

BTW, one should never ever turn on a device right after it has gotten liquid on it. At least not unless you want possibly fry it.

If it is clean and dry, you can try charging it if you wish. However, please consider all I wrote above.
Any liquid spilled on a device means you should open the device, remove the battery, and let the device dry out somewhere, alone and untouched for a few days. Yes I do mean days. If the liquid was something that can turn sticky, like tea, then after it has dried you need to take something like rubbing alcohol and clean anywhere the liquid could have gotten. Then leave that to dry well for a few hours.

BTW, one should never ever turn on a device right after it has gotten liquid on it. At least not unless you want possibly fry it.

If it is clean and dry, you can try charging it if you wish. However, please consider all I wrote above.

Solution