Is it possible to connect my DVD Player to my surround sound amp as the connections differ.

bryanthemercman

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
Need some advice I have a Sherwood Tuner Amplifier with phono connections and I want to use the sound HDMI connection to connect to the amplifier.
The DVD Player is a Panasonic DMP-UB400EBK the Sherwood does also have an optical connector but I use that to connect my twin cassette recorder at present

bryanthemercman

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
I solved it myself as my TV had an optical audio connection I was able to link the TV and Sherwood Tuner Amplifier and as the TV is linked via HDMI I can now use my Surround Sound for DVD and TV

No sure how you could use an optical connection for a dual cassette deck since that is analog only?
If you have to use HDMI you could use an HDMI audio extractor. That would give you analog and digital audio outputs including coax digital which you may have on the receiver.
You could add a digital to analog converter to the DVD but you won't get digital surround sound with that connection.
I suggest you use the analog connection for the cassette deck and the digital for the DVD.

bryanthemercman

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017

bryanthemercman

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
I solved it myself as my TV had an optical audio connection I was able to link the TV and Sherwood Tuner Amplifier and as the TV is linked via HDMI I can now use my Surround Sound for DVD and TV

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Audio 1
T Audio 2
E Audio 1
R Audio 2
M Audio 1
C Audio 7
Q Audio 2
L Audio 2
R Audio 2
A Audio 2
J Audio 1