is it possible to improve graphics on a Toshiba Satellite P75-A7200

havoksreign

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015
I am going to be stuck with this laptop for some time and i was not informed that i cannot upgrade the graphics card easily from the salesman that pitched me this laptop. It is a very nice laptop for the 750$ i got it for on black Friday 2 years ago, but it cannot handle some games too well.

Are there any methods available that would allow me to play more demanding games?
Also, i have purchased an additional 8 gb of ram. I am sitting at 16 gb of ram right now, but the game Ark: Survival Evolved crashes often and am in the midst of troubleshooting that on another site.

Solution
When you buy a laptop people won't specifically tell you what you can and can't upgrade unless you ask, it's not really a fault of any salesman if you assumed that you can upgrade it. In most laptops all you can change easily is the RAM and hard drive. CPU in some models, even for that you need to find the right model to do that with, and the video card is really only upgradable in the good gaming laptops.

You can probably sell the laptop for about half of what you paid for it, and a new system for about that same $750 can play games at lower settings, there are a few models out there with a 950m or 960m video card in that price range. With laptops you want to get the fastest you can get at the time since upgrading is usually...
When you buy a laptop people won't specifically tell you what you can and can't upgrade unless you ask, it's not really a fault of any salesman if you assumed that you can upgrade it. In most laptops all you can change easily is the RAM and hard drive. CPU in some models, even for that you need to find the right model to do that with, and the video card is really only upgradable in the good gaming laptops.

You can probably sell the laptop for about half of what you paid for it, and a new system for about that same $750 can play games at lower settings, there are a few models out there with a 950m or 960m video card in that price range. With laptops you want to get the fastest you can get at the time since upgrading is usually difficult if not impossible.

Solution