Is it possible to unlock and overclock a phenom black 550 be on a m4n 68t-m moth

G

i have a phenom black 550 processor with a asus m4n68t-m motherboard. 2 questions. is it possible to unlock and overclock this processor. and how do i update bios? not to sound stupid or anything. thanks.

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002
Welcome to THGF darren_75 :)

is it possible to unlock and overclock this processor.

I was able to unlock to all 4 cores but did not try to OC. Was not mine. However you may or may not be able to OC w/4 cores. Only way to find out is to try.

and how do i update bios?

Your M/BD supports EZ Flash 2. This allows you to update the BIOS with a memory stick having the new BIOS only on it plugged in to a USB port.

Your manual should have instructions on how to do this. My M/BD supports EZ Flash as well and it works great.

Here is a LINK to the lastest BIOS for your M/BD. Note I chose Win 7 64 bit as the OP/SYS. If that is not what your using then go back and select the OP/SYS you are using.

This LINK has info regarding how to flash your BIOS.

not to sound stupid or anything.

We all started out asking questions my friend. They are not stupid I assure you. :sol:

G

i have a phenom black 550 processor with a asus m4n68t-m motherboard. 2 questions. is it possible to unlock and overclock this processor. and how do i update bios? not to sound stupid or anything. thanks.

thank you very much
motherboard comes with a core unlocking programme do u know if it is any good?
im hoping that a bios update will alleviate a few problems
but i can overclock to 3.7ghz stable

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002
motherboard comes with a core unlocking programme do u know if it is any good?

I would say they do the job pretty good. What is more important is will that CPU be stable with all cores unlocked because there just is no way to know til you do.

Sometimes BIOS updates solves problems and sometimes it does not, depends on the problems.

Be sure to keep track of your load temps when OC'n.

I use Real Temp. LINK