Is it possible to use Asus ux303ub with Benq xl2411 144hz monitor

lariisohella

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
I have Benq Zowie xl2411 144hz monitor and I'm wondering whether I can use it with my Asus ux303ub laptop? I've so far understood that with hdmi connection I'm able to get 120Hz - am I correct? And is there some way to fully utilize the capabilities of this monitor. (I know that 940m 2Gb GPU sets limitations). Thank you in advance!

Solution
A 940m will not be able to power the monitor at 144hz in any game well enough to be playable. The laptop port may also not be able to run it at the refresh rate.

So you can use the monitor, but not at it's potential. You can use it as a 144hz monitor in a system with a good enough video card to run it at that, using a dual-link DVI or DisplayPort connection.
A 940m will not be able to power the monitor at 144hz in any game well enough to be playable. The laptop port may also not be able to run it at the refresh rate.

So you can use the monitor, but not at it's potential. You can use it as a 144hz monitor in a system with a good enough video card to run it at that, using a dual-link DVI or DisplayPort connection.

Solution

lariisohella

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017

Thanks for your response. Is there some sort of a "middle-ground available", or should I just turn to monitor such as Asus at 75Hz?

For a 940m, just use a standard 60hz monitor unless you are running older or lightweight games. Instead of spending money on a fancier monitor I would put it towards replacing the laptop. The $250 the BenQ monitor cost is 1/4 the cost of a decent modern gaming laptop with a 1050Ti video card.

lariisohella

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017

The problem with the laptop emerges from portability and the only real option if I wanted to upgrade the laptop is dell xps 15", which is atm 2300€ here in Finland. If razer just announced nordic layout for razer blade my life would be so much easier...

Edit: And I only play CS:Go which gives me approx. 150fps, thus raising question whether more than 60hz would be useful or not.

As long as your port can output the higher refresh rate and you can reach that speed in the game, it will be fine. The issue is seeing and feeling the difference, I don't see any difference between my 60hz monitor and my son's 144hz one, but that varies from person to person.

lariisohella

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017

Okay. Thanks for your reponses, those were very much appreciated!

TRENDING THREADS