Solved! Is it time to buy a surface pro 2? I want to use drawing programs to create video game assets.Alternative?

David_24

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015
It's come down a lot. I could get a used one with all the accessories for about 500 canadian.

How well does the pen do? Is the compromise coming from a newer model a lot? I mean how great could the surface pro 3 or 4 really be for drawing?

I do all my processing work on my computer. Will the surface 2 be able to run most drawing software? Will I need the 8 gig modle to run drawing software or is 4 enough?

How easy would it be if I wanted to directly connect my win 10 pc to it? Could I do it over my wifi?
Could I run it slave?

If i was more desperate could I use the original surface pro with modern drawing software? Would i just have a bad time?

Solution
the surface pro 2 comes with the same kind of CPU you find in a desktop or laptop computer with a full version of windows 10 so any kind of software will be able to run on it

David_24

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015

is the same true of the original surface pro?

captaincharisma

Distinguished

yes the original has an intel i5 CPU and comes with windows 8

David_24

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015

for that price i'd just go third party. Anything good?

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
There is this crowdfuned one, of course that comes with a huge grain of salt. So buyer beware. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chuwi-surbook-affordable-2-in-1-intel-pc-tablet--3#/

Ones from normal OEMs carry nearly the same price point as the Surface. It's a high-end niche product.

You can always check ebay for used units.

David_24

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015

I'm just gonna get a used surface pro 1 from ebay. My budget is really tight until the future.