Fjallbacka

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
I've taken my macbook pro late 2011 to and apple center in order to rapair my damaged GPU. They did the repair, now my macbook is working but they might have done something wrong (or scammed me changing the heatsink for another), now my MB temperatures are of about 60-70°C when IDLE! (I used to have about 30°C before).

I thought at first that the thermal paste was a cheap one, or was badly applied so I changed it but still the same. I did everything I could that was software related, re-installed OSX, reset SMC and PRAM, also did an AHT (no errors were found). So there is only one thing I could possible think of, which is that they damaged the heat sink, let the gas escape and that is my problem.

Is there something I can do in order to detect wheter is this the problem or not?

PS: I won't take my MB back for service because the nearest one is too far from where I live (in another country, 300mi away :/)

Fjallbacka

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015

Of course the SW check-fix was done before changing the thermal paste.
So, isn't there any other things that could be causing those temperatures? Do you think that if I buy a new heatsink the problem could be solved? Thanks
PS: I'd rather fix the problem by myself and waste more money than going back there, I hated the inconvenience that caused me going there.

mrmez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Apple are normally great about repairs, take it back.
It's not outside the realm of possibilities that someone didn't do something quite right.
Any work they do should be guaranteed, so there shouldn't be anything to pay.