Is my laptop good enough for music production, gaming, and schoolwork?

Caikzz

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
I have recently bought a laptop that i'll be using for the three things I mentioned. Here are the specs :

intel core i3-5015u
intel graphics 5500
6 gb ram
1tb storage

I will be using fl studio, garrys mod, and office. do you guys these specs are good enough to handle these three things decently?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
2/3 are good, gmod might not work that good but it will probably at least boot. You have to understand that that CPU is a laptop dual core with integrated graphics so It isn't designed for gaming. That said if you don't mind sometimes sub-60 fps and medium to low settings then you can play some games such as Minecraft, gmod, gang beasts, etc. without problem.

MnMWizard

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
2/3 are good, gmod might not work that good but it will probably at least boot. You have to understand that that CPU is a laptop dual core with integrated graphics so It isn't designed for gaming. That said if you don't mind sometimes sub-60 fps and medium to low settings then you can play some games such as Minecraft, gmod, gang beasts, etc. without problem.

Solution

Caikzz

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016

Thank you so much for the answer!

ragnarok94

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
here's my experience with laptop office+gaming
i5-3337u
Intel 4000 graphics
1tb sshd upgrade
8gb ram upgrade

office stuff works good, gaming is limited to 20-30 FPS MAX, video rending isn't very fast, not good at all for anyting above 480p (720p and compressed 1080 are pushing it.)
can play cs:go all day long, warthunder on ultra low and TF2.
I imagine yo'd have about the same or slightly better experience.