Is my laptop okay?

HeyBub

Honorable
May 2, 2013
So I have this laptop, a long time ago, I plays games on it. League of Legends, SC2: WoL, World of Warcraft, CoD, TF2, etc, etc. A few years ago, it broke. I was trying to play League of Legends and there was heavy lag and then the computer shut itself off and wouldn't turn on. I figured "Woops. Overheated." Every now and then I'd try to turn it back on. The first time, the screen was a mess of various colors. Later, the power would come on but the screen would remain blank. I'd leave it like that for a few hours before powering it off by pressing and holding the power button. Then last week, it actually came on. I can't remember what it said exactly, but basically it said that there was a problem starting up and asked me if I wanted it to go back to the last time it worked. I said "yes" and it turned on and I stared at my laptop which was miraculously working again before shutting it down. So, I don't want my laptop to break again and decided to come here seeing if anyone could tell me if my laptop was actually ok and if there was anything I could do to make sure it continues to work. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.