Is my PC Strong enough to stream and run a game at the same time?

Sep 21, 2018
Alright so ive had my laptop (Acer Aspire V5) for a while now and its all good recording and editing but im still left wondering if it will be strong enough to stream on twitch, can you guys review my laptop specs and give me some tips?

My Build:
CPU: Intel i5-3337U (Ivy Bridge)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 720M
RAM: 12GB - 8GB Kingston Ram - 4GB Acer Standard

*If you need any other info about my laptop just ask...*

Solution
No, unless you want to stream very low games with it.

the reason why it wont work is because of the cpu. it has to much work to do for gaming and streaming ,that it cannot keep up the amount of work and the result would be lag, stutters, frame drops, overheating your cpu or worse, system shutdowns.

dont stream on an laptop in the first place. they are not build to handle the amount of heat, even the best ones.

use a desktop pc for streaming, not an laptop

MLG_No_Scope

Prominent
May 23, 2017
No, unless you want to stream very low games with it.

the reason why it wont work is because of the cpu. it has to much work to do for gaming and streaming ,that it cannot keep up the amount of work and the result would be lag, stutters, frame drops, overheating your cpu or worse, system shutdowns.

dont stream on an laptop in the first place. they are not build to handle the amount of heat, even the best ones.

use a desktop pc for streaming, not an laptop

Solution

Rdslw

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
# of Cores 2
# of Threads 4
Processor Base Frequency 1.80 GHz
Max Turbo Frequency 2.70 GHz

I have very similar CPU 3310M (2/4 2.4-> 3.3) and its weak for games alone, streaming will eat full one core and both game and stream will stutter.
you need at least 6 threads to stream anything or full 4 cores. (3.5 turbo+) this will also depend on game you stream, some need more.

its still capable machine for low gaming, nothing more.

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

It's just good enough to play games like league of legends, cs:go,... (the easy to run games) on low-medium settings. It is in no way strong enough to stream at any decent quality and be able to play a game at the same time.