Is the HyperX Cloud II headset good?

Freddo_Foo

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015
Hello!!

I'm about to replace my Razer Blackshark headset as it has finally given in after 2 years of solid use, and the HyperX Cloud II headset caught my eye. Is it a good headset, and is it better than it's predecessor, the Cloud I? If not, can you recommend a better headset under £70 as that is the budget I have?

Many thanks!!

Solution
It's one of the best. It's based on the Takstar Pro80, which is arguably the best set of headphones for the price. I wouldn't say it's better than the HyperX Cloud, it just has more features (built in virtual surround, inline control) and is based on the same Takstar set. The mic is average at best though.

You could go DIY and get a set of Takstar HI-2050's or Pro80's (same headphones, just the 2050's are open, the Pro80's are closed) and a decent lav mic for cheaper than the HyperX II, whilst being superior.

anti-duck

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
It's one of the best. It's based on the Takstar Pro80, which is arguably the best set of headphones for the price. I wouldn't say it's better than the HyperX Cloud, it just has more features (built in virtual surround, inline control) and is based on the same Takstar set. The mic is average at best though.

You could go DIY and get a set of Takstar HI-2050's or Pro80's (same headphones, just the 2050's are open, the Pro80's are closed) and a decent lav mic for cheaper than the HyperX II, whilst being superior.

Solution