Is the Intel Pentium 3825u dual core processor better or AMD A6-6310 APU

susan_69uk

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015
I would like to buy a laptop and not sure if the Hp Intel Pentium 3825u dual core processor is better or Hp AMD A6-6310 APU? Any Advice?

Solution
Typically, two Intel cores with hyperthreading are faster than four AMD cores, especially if the clock speeds are similar, which those are, and if the generations are within one or two generations of each other. Again, which those are. Graphics on the AMD chip, when used with fast enough RAM in sufficient quantity, is probably slightly better though.

I'd go with the Intel option. Especially if the unit you're looking at has any kind of discreet graphics adapter in addition to the iGPU.

wicked_sticky

Estimable
Nov 1, 2015
The two chips would have similar overall performance so it comes down to the programs you run. The intel chip has 2 cores the AMD has 4. The intel chip has much better performance per core, for most gaming and web browsing use two more powerful cores are better than 4 weaker ones, for high resolution video play/editing or photo editing stuff like that the AMD chip would do better the AMD A6 has a better gpu as well so that negates any advantage the intel chip would have for gaming.

They're pretty well balanced and it depends on what your buying it for, if its for general computing (web browsing, word processing, etc) the intel chip is the better choice. If you're video editing or gaming the AMD is better but it really cant do those things "well" just better than the intel chip.

Typically, two Intel cores with hyperthreading are faster than four AMD cores, especially if the clock speeds are similar, which those are, and if the generations are within one or two generations of each other. Again, which those are. Graphics on the AMD chip, when used with fast enough RAM in sufficient quantity, is probably slightly better though.

I'd go with the Intel option. Especially if the unit you're looking at has any kind of discreet graphics adapter in addition to the iGPU.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS