Is there a better alternative to Ad Block Plus for Firefox?

g-unit1111

Distinguished
Specifically I want to remove those obnoxious Taboola ads - I've searched up and down Google and I can't find anything. Does anyone know of a better ad extension / track blocker?

Solution
between adblock and this ad-on for it https://adblockplus.org/en/elemhidehelper i have been pretty happy with how i have been able to configure a site to how i want it.

give this extension a try as it allows you to remove any element form a site that you want. it'll stop an entire frame from even loading with the page to hide ad boxes and such. i use it to get rid of those damn "share me" boxes every site forces down your throat. those annoying tabs that follow you on screen as you scroll and anything else i just don't want to see on a site.

keep in mind you have to do this for every site you want to adjust so i only use it on sites i go to very often as it can take a couple minutes to rid yourself of a dozen things you don't...
Hazle,

Thanks.

Just a general FYI:

Gave ublock a try "out of the box" but it apparently locked out some sites (including this one) on me. Ended up removing ublock as disable did not seem to undo it all.

Not sure where things went astray.....

It does appear good. May try again later as circumstances allow.

p3003

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
uBlock is the best way to go, but after experimenting both Adblock and uBlock, i found out that uBlock slows down the browser a little bit (Tested on Opera)

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
between adblock and this ad-on for it https://adblockplus.org/en/elemhidehelper i have been pretty happy with how i have been able to configure a site to how i want it.

give this extension a try as it allows you to remove any element form a site that you want. it'll stop an entire frame from even loading with the page to hide ad boxes and such. i use it to get rid of those damn "share me" boxes every site forces down your throat. those annoying tabs that follow you on screen as you scroll and anything else i just don't want to see on a site.

keep in mind you have to do this for every site you want to adjust so i only use it on sites i go to very often as it can take a couple minutes to rid yourself of a dozen things you don't want to see.

throw in a modified host file and so little makes it to my browser things got much faster. i actually enrolled in a monitoring company for a few months to get a total view of what my browser was accessing and in a couple weeks managed to totally remove all references to twitter and facebook and google data gathering through the host file. as the monitoring reports showed where my browser was going, i kept adding them to the host file. bit of work setting it up but once done, the difference is night and day. i don't use any social media so blocking it all does not bother me at all. hate that facebook and twitter are tracking me when i don't even use their services. same goes for google data gathering. i don't use any of their services so don't want them watching me either.

Solution