Is there a HDMI to VGA that allows HDCP content?

edpdx

Estimable
May 29, 2015
I have been all over the web, and while I see people have had some success, they usually:

Are still not able to stream HDCP content or
    Do not reveal which "ADAPTOR" actually worked for them

I was streaming HDCP movies from my PC to my VGA projector. But I bought the ROKU3 (HDMI) instead of using my PC laptop. Now I get to the ROKU home screen, but the minute I try to stream from most ROKU channels I get the "not authorized HDCP content" warning.

PLEASE, if you know a fix, hook me up.

Tried unplugging/replugging, cable switching, connection interruption, hinduism, prayer with ABBA in the background. Nothing works.

HELP.

kanewolf

Judicious
The ROKU is doing what it is supposed to do. Since VGA is an analog format, there is no way to ensure copy protection that is required by content providers. If you want to stream HD you probably will end up getting a new projector....

edpdx

Estimable
May 29, 2015
Thanks Kanewolf, but I was hoping for a solution that would run less money. My projector is just fine. I have used it with great result when streaming from my laptop. I may buy a projector that is HDMI compliant in the future.

For now I want to know of a suitable stripper, or converter. I hear HD FURY is a good one but it seems expensive and is not really supposed to be sold in the US market. What the heck are the Europeans using?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Streaming Video & TVs 3
W Streaming Video & TVs 9
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
R Streaming Video & TVs 0