Question Is there a way to connect my TV, Soundbar, & Firestick 4K?

Jan 26, 2021
Hello all,
I used to figure things out, but apparently, as I approach 65, my brains are not what they used to be. The last 4 hours have been spent attempting to connect my Seiki TV (Model SE50FYT (5 yrs old)), a Vizio Soundbar (Model V21-H8 (new)), and a new Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K.
The TV has 3 HDMI plugs, doesn't appear to have an HDMI ARC plug, There is also a slot labeled optical, but the optical cord I have does not fit.
I am driving myself crazy - please help me before I throw something out the window! I thank you for your time.

Jan 26, 2021
If the TV has an optical out, use that to the soundbar. If the cord you have matches the socket, it could be there is a cover over the port you need to remove or the door covering it is broken. Or it's upside down.
Thank you so much!! I moved the TV so I could get a better look at the optical port, once I tried fitting it in holding it differently each time, I got it to go in the plug. Thanks again!!!

Bradleybbb

Great
Feb 21, 2021
Hello all,
I used to figure things out, but apparently, as I approach 65, my brains are not what they used to be. The last 4 hours have been spent attempting to connect my Seiki TV (Model SE50FYT (5 yrs old)), a Vizio Soundbar (Model V21-H8 (new)), and a new Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K.
The TV has 3 HDMI plugs, doesn't appear to have an HDMI ARC plug, There is also a slot labeled optical, but the optical cord I have does not fit.
I am driving myself crazy - please help me before I throw something out the window! I thank you for your time.

"The optical cord doesnt fit" ??? Hmm. I think it does. Lets start shall we. Varoom
The soundbar should have 4 options to input sound.
1.HDMI/Arc this means tv would need an hdmi/arv plug.in. (check the last hdmi input label real close. Sometimes hard to read) if not, onward
  1. Optical input or toslink as some say. There is and always has been only one shape on the ends of this spaghetti cable. Square with a little bump on one side (get the flashlight)
  2. RCA old fashioned inputs one left, one right. Sometime the bar comes with a "combiner" L/R into one
  3. Bluetooth wireless input . Id go with this one for ye self.
Bluetooth setup. Read instructions on soundbar BT setup to become "discoverable". Usually hold a button til a light flashes fast. Wait on this for now. Just know how it works..Open Firestick to your reg old start page...go top of screen to up.up.up now right.r.r.r. to settings open. Go right to "controllers and BT devices" enter . Go down to "other BT devices" enter. Click add BT devices. This starts discovery on the FS (note right side says searching)
Put sound bar on discovery mode, bar is flashing..Fire says searching
Your bar will pop up. Select it. Yes pair with it. Should connect. Now any audio will go to the bar..make sure the bars input is set to BT..not arc or optical.. (put FS on something with audio to verify..any app u normally watch)
Now audio works..back to settings at top. "Equipment control" enter.
Equipment control needs to say auto
Now down to manage equ. Enter
Add equip. Enter
Add soundbar enter
Select brand enter follow steps from there
Back at equip screen
If tv not listed..add tv same process.
Now you have add equip, the tv, the bar, the FS listed with adv. settings last..
Go to tv. Enter. Input switching. Enter. Sekect the input the tv should be on when watching FS. ( whatever hdmi input its plugged into ). Now on when power on FS is pressed, the tv comes on, the bar comes on, the input is set to FS and volume is controlled on the FS remote..
Verify all this. (Start with all off and pretend your just wanting to watch tv for the day)
FS remote. Power button. All comes on, FS home screen is up, select your show, comes on, sounds good, bolume buttons turn it uo/down ?
Good, put tv remote in a SAFE place and thats it my friend. Good luck. P.S.
Put your readers on .hehehe
Later gater

Bradleybbb

Great
Feb 21, 2021
Yes, just connect the Amazon Fire Stick to one of the HDMI inputs on the back of the soundbar, then select the corresponding source on the soundbar. Then connect a HDMI cable from the HDMI output of the soundbar to your TV then select the corresponding source on the TV.
Thatd work..but youd need to program the stick's remote..Goal is one remote..not 2,3,4,etc