Solved! Is there an HD antenna that connects to my smart tv via an HDMI port

Dec 16, 2018
I have tried just about every over the air antenna on my TV and have minimal success at best (I only live 15 miles to TV towers). I can get better picture on TV if I am constantly adjusting the coax cable from my antenna to my TV. It seems like there is poor connectivity between the 2 (and both are brand new). Is there a way to run my antenna through an HDMI port on my TV to get a better connection?

Solution
What u looking for is an external ATSC tuner.

Have u tried another cable? Modern TV should have a display to tell u the signal strength you are receiving, use that in conjunction with tapping, wiggling. If the issue is with the TV's coax connector (signal fluctuates as u wiggle) then u have a faulty TV which may qualify for warranty repair. Have u, at any given point been rough with this connector?
What u looking for is an external ATSC tuner.

Have u tried another cable? Modern TV should have a display to tell u the signal strength you are receiving, use that in conjunction with tapping, wiggling. If the issue is with the TV's coax connector (signal fluctuates as u wiggle) then u have a faulty TV which may qualify for warranty repair. Have u, at any given point been rough with this connector?

Solution