NV GeForce G610M 2GB
8GB DDR3
500GB 5400

Total price comes to about $665

Thanks!

fatw41

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

Well, the laptop I'm replacing has Radeon HD 7450M and more or less gets me through most of my tasks. I should mention that I don't plan to play any games on this laptop, but I do need to do some picture and video editing. The pictures and videos I deal with are not super high quality though. Do you think the 610 is really going to be horrible? In my current location that seems to be the best deal I can find around my budget - $700 max.

Thanks!

yillbs

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
Editing images, and such the HD4000 can perform for. The only time a dedicated GPU is needed, is for gaming, ( semi heavy ), and some REALLY heavy video editing, the ram will help here. The HD4000 can handle just about anything i throw at it in terms of PS, and aftereffects. I never have to switch to my Radeon. If you want a dedicatd GPU, you should get something that can at least do you some good. However, that's not what you asked. SO, no, that's not a very good deal. While it IS a dedicated GPU, there are better laptops out there. With that said, that's NOT the worst deal ive seen. If you can deal with the 610, then you have no issues.

fatw41

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

I'm a bit confused, and it is probably because I seem to be almost completely out of the loop with respect to technology these days. Why did you mention HD4000? Also, are you saying that Radeon 7450M is better than the 610M?

Like I said, I'm not concerned about gaming, just about some editing as well as multi-tasking - I love opening millions of tabs, listening to music in the background while working on pictures and videos.

Thanks!

From a gaming perspective, benchmarks have shown that on average the Intel HD 4000 is more powerful than the nVidia GT 610m. Regardless if you want to play games or not in this situation it is generally better to save a bit of money an simply buy a laptop that only uses the Intel HD 4000.

fatw41

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
I'm still confused. Can someone please rank these graphics cards for me? Intel HD 4000, Radeon 7450M and NV GeForce G610M 2GB. I was just doing some reading in another thread somewhere here and came across someone saying that some mobile graphics cards are given more memory than they can use? The more I read, the more I realize I don't know.

Regardless of which laptop I go with I'm going to max out the RAM, because that appears to be the most important for my needs (photo and video editing, countless tabs and even browser windows concurrently open, music playing as long as the computer is on), is that correct?

Thanks for your patience in answering my questions, I greatly appreciate the help.

yillbs

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
I am not expert..but i BELIEVE all latest intel laptops come with the HD4000 integrated graphics set. Again, im not 100% on this, but i think it's pretty certain. I have the HD4000 and the RAdeon 8770. Although, ram is important, the HDD is JUST as important. I had a 1TB 5400RPM drive,with awesome ram speeds, and, and a great GPU.. and photoshop was just horrible because of the read / write speeds. ANY type of database work will fail, and all video editing will be slow. Basically, when you have a laptop with a dedicated card, you actually have the HD4000 AND the dedicated GPU, in your case, if it has the HD4000 your integrated card is better than you dedicated card.. so it's not worth the extra battery life you will lose, heat you will have, and price you will pay for something that's just not up to par.

Hope that helps, im not an expert by any means, but i think im right :p

The Intel HD 4000 graphic core is integrated into every 3rd generation "Ivy Bridge" Core i3/i5/i7 CPU.

In terms of overall performance the Intel HD 4000 is a little bit more powerful the Radeon HD 7450M which is a little bit more powerful than the nVidia GT 610m.

chrometar

Honorable
May 28, 2013

I hope im not to late but look up the acer aspire v3 571g-6622 on amazon....its cheaper,has a better gpu and the same cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.