Is this a good laptop for gaming?

G

Hey everyone.

There's a laptop I'm looking at right now, and I was wondering if any of you have had experience using this laptop, or a laptop with at least the same CPU/APU and GPU.

My question is: will this laptop be able to play games like Battlefield 3, TESV: Skyrim, Crysis and Crysis 2, NFS: The Run, NFS: SHIFT 2 Unleashed, CoD (Black Ops, MW3,) Blacklight Retribution, etc. preferably at medium/mostly high settings??

I've heard that the AMD A10-4600M APU is a great processor for budget gaming, and I've also heard that the 7670M is a pretty good dedicated mobile GPU for gaming (and I assume that the 7660G + 7670M together would be better for sure) but I've never had a laptop with a great GPU or a great CPU, let alone a quad-core CPU and dual-CPU's.

LAPTOP SPECS:
Model: Samsung NP355V4-S01CA
Screen Size: 14"
Native Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768
Processor: AMD A10-4600M
Processor Cores: 4 Cores, 4 Threads
Processor Speed: 2.3GHz
Processor Cache: 4MB L2 Cache
HDD Capacity: 750GB
HDD Speed:5400RPM
RAM Size: 6GB
RAM Speed: 1600MHz
RAM Type: DDR3
Graphics Chipset: AMD Radeon HD 7660G + HD 7670M Dual Graphics
Video Memory: 1GB Dedicated
Video Type: Unknown (not sure if it's GDDR3 or GDDR5)

G

I live in Canada, and right now I can get this laptop for $650 (not including tax.) The best thing that Intel/NVIDIA has to offer at that price point is an i3 or i5 equipped laptop with a 1GB GT-610 dedicated GPU, and even at that, I'd still be really lucky to find an i3/i5 + GT-610 equipped laptop at that price point.

G

I don't know... That's why I'm asking, because I don't know :p I don't think NFS: The Run would have too many problems running well, since it's not a very hard game to run (same with the rest of the racing games I want to play) but I'm wondering more about the other games I've listed, like Skyrim, Crysis 2, Blacklight Retribution, etc.

The A10-4600M is currently the best CPU/APU on the AMD side, and I just figured that with the two GPU's working together in Crossfire, there wouldn't be many problems running games on mostly high settings, but I've never own this laptop, nor have I ever owned a laptop that's similar, nor have I ever played games on this laptop or anything similar, so... I'm asking you guys for help with this one, because I don't know :p

Any help I can get is greatly appreciated :)

G

Is a 3D Mark 11 performance score of almost 2k a good score for a $650 laptop do you guys think?

G

I mean, this laptop does sound like a pretty good deal for $650. It packs a 2.3GHz (turbo up to 3.2GHz) quad-core CPU/APU with an amazing IGP + dedicated GPU together in Crossfire, it's got 6GB of DDR3 1600MHz RAM which is very rare in sub-$700 laptops (at least, here in Canada,) a 750GB HDD (which is more than enough for me,) plus Bluetooth, HDMI, USB 3.0, webcam + microphone, and all that good stuff. I just wish more people could tell me specifically what their experiences were/are like using this laptop (or a laptop with the same specs) but I guess that's understandable, considering this laptop is only available in certain countries anyway (from what I've researched.) :p

k1114

Distinguished