Parq

Estimable
May 25, 2014
Should I pay 500USD to get my old mac book fixed or should I just purchase a new one? Please reply quick. Thanks!
e75c91e0e3f148349dc7b26ad1ac040a.png

Solution
I'll be the contrarian.

I would fix them if you are happy with their performance, don't plan to do anything new with them, have no need for the "latest and greatest," operating with a tight budget, said laptops are in good cosmetic condition, you still operate them at less than full screen brightness (meaning screen isn't worn that you have to turn it all the way up).

Am keeping my 2011 Air until it dies. I hate the new MacSafe connector, and I dislike they taking out the lighted cover logo (classic Apple), and I hate they going with a single port USB-C. Only thing I do with mine is surfing mostly.

USAFRet

Illustrious
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Parq : "Is it worth it to get these macs repaired?"

"Should I" is only something you can determine.
$800 to fix two 5 year old laptops? I wouldn't.

I'll be the contrarian.

I would fix them if you are happy with their performance, don't plan to do anything new with them, have no need for the "latest and greatest," operating with a tight budget, said laptops are in good cosmetic condition, you still operate them at less than full screen brightness (meaning screen isn't worn that you have to turn it all the way up).

Am keeping my 2011 Air until it dies. I hate the new MacSafe connector, and I dislike they taking out the lighted cover logo (classic Apple), and I hate they going with a single port USB-C. Only thing I do with mine is surfing mostly.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS