Is WFLA HD (NBC Tampa) on any cable system?

gailgolfs2

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
What is going on with Channel 8? I heard Bright House and Channel 8 are reviewing the contract! I know this happens all the time with other channel's too. I hope Bright House and channel 8 will come to an agreement before the contract ends! Lot of programs on 8, and news which I watch every day, morning and night. 8 has the best news!
I am looking forward to be able to get the news and shows on 8 in the future!

sincerely, GWS

BHNtechXpert

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012

We want to assure our customers that all parties are working toward an agreement. Should Media General choose to take their programming away from our customers, it is an unnecessary and EXTREME measure. Most channel owners put our mutual customers first and keep their channel on while an agreement is being reached.

Media General is able to keep its stations on Bright House Networks while an agreement is being reached. Bright House Networks has to have their permission to show their programming. It’s up to them to grant or deny it. There is no reason for Media General to interrupt programming to viewers. Our customers’ satisfaction is our ultimate goal and we will work in an expedient manner for them.

Very important...this situation is not unique to us or any other multichannel programming distributor, including satellite and telephone companies. We all go through negotiations with networks when it comes time for contracts to be renewed. Bottom line: Although threats are made, MOST broadcasters in our markets stay on and put our mutual customers first.

For more information please visit http://onyourside.brighthouse.com/content/retrans/home-page/tampa-bay.html