Issue transferring movies to my tablet

Rude_Owl

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
I have an nvidia shield tablet that I wanted to take on a flight, I have movies saved to my laptop and when I transfer them only one, of the several I tried worked. All are mkv files and i tried making the mp4 with no change. I use vlc on my tablet to play them but no video. The only notable difference in the one that worked and those that didn't is the file size is larger.

Solution
The size of the files could be an issue. They also could have been formatted incorrectly, or even at a higher resolution than the tablet will allow.

If they were formatted incorrectly, when originally made, they will not work on some devices. You might want to try and test it by say making a copy of one of the larger movies, and then split it into two files. If it will run this way, then it is size that is the problem. If it still won't run, then there is something wrong with the movie files themselves.

And, before asking, I don't know specific programs for splitting up the files, but I do know there are quite a few. :)
The size of the files could be an issue. They also could have been formatted incorrectly, or even at a higher resolution than the tablet will allow.

If they were formatted incorrectly, when originally made, they will not work on some devices. You might want to try and test it by say making a copy of one of the larger movies, and then split it into two files. If it will run this way, then it is size that is the problem. If it still won't run, then there is something wrong with the movie files themselves.

And, before asking, I don't know specific programs for splitting up the files, but I do know there are quite a few. :)

Solution