it used to work before when i connected my dell inspiron laptop to samsung smart tv with hdmi. no sound thru tv but sound on l

Apr 21, 2018
i really need help.
it worked before. but now i think when i did download this anti virus software. n updated drivers thats the ony thing i ccan think of that changed everything. sound is comin thru laptop but no tv

Apr 21, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from leezylee : "hdmi thru tv n laptop"

It workded before.
I have a dell inpiron laptop. i hooked my laptop with hdmi to tv. sound comes thru laptop but not tv. i i checked the playback devices and all shows up is speakers. i even checked the show devices or watever n still nothing. i cloned my tv and laptop too. pls help. like i said the hdmi worked before. when i downloaded this pc optimizer n updated drivers n so on. maybe that did it. i dont know. but in the sources on ur tv where u can select hdmi 1 or two. there is also a source that says netowork n underneath it says lees pc. which is the name of my pc. i think before i used to click on lees pc network n it worked. but not sure. why is that network lees pc there for what does that do

Apr 21, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from leezylee : "hdmi tv sound"

i have no sound on tv but laptop has sound with hdmi. i did the playback device method. no devices show up. i checked tv sound settings i pretty much did everything. it used to work before. then i got my tv back from my grandfather n hooked it up with hdmi now it doesnt work. why. i think when i downloaded this antivirus n updated drivers maybe that did it. i seenn a thread where someone mentioned somethign about drivers not supported with the new update or something. i dont see the tv device in playback. u said u can uninstall audio device then reinstall. but once u uninstall where d u find it again to reinstall. n can i download an hdmi device online.