Julian Assange is Granted Bail

Status
Not open for further replies.

abswindows7

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
£200,000 in security
I'd rather say :
£200,000 for the government hoes payment.
Seriously, where is that money going ?
I bet no one knows, and no one cares.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
After the British courts announced their plan to release Julian Assange, diplomats in Sweden objected out of fear that his sensitive areas had not been redacted and exposure to the public could bring about harm...

*rimshot* thanks I'll be here all week

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]bpislife[/nom]He is being held again!! You guys are way behind on this one. Stick with Tech. news![/citation]

We have already updated the story, it's just taking a while to update the live version of the post.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]znegval[/nom]Update this Jane. Sweden appealed and he'll be kept in custody in England.[/citation]

Again, I already have. Our content management system seems to be on holidays today. : (

*Edit: Oh, nevermind, there it is now!

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]abswindows7[/nom]£200,000 in securityI'd rather say : £200,000 for the government hoes payment.Seriously, where is that money going ?I bet no one knows, and no one cares.[/citation]

Into a bank, and if he shows up for his hearing (also known as not skipping bail) he will receive all his (or his supporter's) money back. Really, try reading up on the bail system some time. It's fascinating (zzzzzzzzzZZZzz)

smithereen

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
[citation][nom]abswindows7[/nom]£200,000 in securityI'd rather say : £200,000 for the government hoes payment.Seriously, where is that money going ?I bet no one knows, and no one cares.[/citation]

The money's going back to Julian if he doesn't skip bail.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Britain made the correct decision the first time. He's got several provisions to prevent escape and there's no justification he'd be a flight risk since he turned himself in.

The powers that be are proving how little of diplomacy they practice anymore. They're going to turn him into a "political prisoner" and a hero regardless of what he does. Assassination would be the worst idea ever, you'd make him into a martyr.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
[citation][nom]gayan[/nom]how is the Tech news?[/citation]
Like news on Pirate Bay or Limewire? How about the internet being used to disperse international secrets, governments trying to shut a website down using other websites or hacktivists shutting down websites in protest? No, you're right, nothing technical about this at all.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]XZaapryca[/nom]Like news on Pirate Bay or Limewire? How about the internet being used to disperse international secrets, governments trying to shut a website down using other websites or hacktivists shutting down websites in protest? No, you're right, nothing technical about this at all.[/citation]
i didnt see the word internet, website, hack, or any other technical term in that entire article. Tell me what the hell Julian Assange's bail terms has to do with electronic hardware? Or anything even close to hardware for that matter?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]i didnt see the word internet, website, hack, or any other technical term in that entire article. Tell me what the hell Julian Assange's bail terms has to do with electronic hardware? Or anything even close to hardware for that matter?[/citation]
This is Tom's Guide, not Tom's Hardware. You didn't have to click on the article remember.

G

Well the fact that mr. Assange and Wiki Leaks is under attack from most media /government outlets, and a multitude of internet activists have caused a lot of stir with LOIC(Low Orbit Ion Cannon) to shut down the digital face of Mastercard, Visa, Paypal...ect. IS reltaed to the tech world and Mr. Assange was a starting point for the whole.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]i didnt see the word internet, website, hack, or any other technical term in that entire article. Tell me what the hell Julian Assange's bail terms has to do with electronic hardware? Or anything even close to hardware for that matter?[/citation]
If Bill Gates died how would that be tech news? I'm sure it would be on here and people would care.

I remember when Tom's Hardware Guide was only about how to overclock cpu's. There were people back then that complained when THG did more than show us how to get a Pentium 200mhz to 266mhz.

Bottomline, people want to know what's happening to the guy who's using the internet to put out the truth. BTW, bail terms include him being tracked with an ankle bracelet. When you become the senior editor for THG you can make sure these stories get canned. Until then... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.