G

I have a Asus A7V133 and a duron 800. I don't want to unlock the processor, because of some bad experience (I short-circuit my proc. due accidently connecting L1-bridges with each other).

Question: Can a locked processor also be overclocked by just setting the FSB higher. In my case 8*125 or 8*133. Or is a locked processor locked to the total speed and not only the multiplier.

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
When you overclock your FSB, you are also overclocking your pci and agp bus. Give it a try, and when things become unstable, drop it down a notch.

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
That's right. FSB overclocking is usually the only way to oc an Intel. But be careful, Hard Drives and ethernet cards are usually the components to least like FSB. Make sure you have good RAM. Don't try a 115 FSB on PC100 RAM. Good Luck.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

G

The foollowing <A HREF="http://www.axiontech.com/cgi-local/prdtinfo.asp?prdt=PRAMK7OVERCL" target="_new">link</A> is for a clocking card for amd processors. I know nothing about how good it works except it is a bit expensive but may keep you from having to unlock your chips.

<b><i>"Bad advice is expensive, Good advice is priceless"