Solved! Just purchased AT2020, XLR to USB is not working? Microphone won't light up

Nov 6, 2018
Just bought the Audio Technica AT2020 microphone with a XLR to USB from xConnect to power it, upon plugging into the PC the USB will light up, Windows will detect the microphone, but the Microphone will not light up to prove that it's on and it's not picking up any audio. What is my issue?

Did I purchase the wrong AT2020 or what?

Gam3r01

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
If you are talking about this: http://artproaudio.com/product/xconnect-usb-to-microphone-cable/
Its because your 2020 needs 48V phantom power to work. You either need a phantom power supply or a powered mixer.
Or the USB version.

Gam3r01

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
If you are talking about this: http://artproaudio.com/product/xconnect-usb-to-microphone-cable/
Its because your 2020 needs 48V phantom power to work. You either need a phantom power supply or a powered mixer.
Or the USB version.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Audio 3
M Audio 2
J Audio 1
K Audio 1
S Audio 11
S Audio 1
I Audio 6
C Audio 7
M Audio 1
B Audio 2
G Audio 2
K Audio 18
G Audio 0
H Audio 1
J Audio 1
A Audio 1
D Audio 5
S Audio 2
S Audio 1
Z Audio 4
Similar threads
Question what kind of cable do I purchase
Question I made some impulse purchases and think i screwed up... . How to connect 5.1 capable soundbar to receiver?
I recently purchased a element tv and the volumn is usually much louder. But for some strange reason today my tv has to be tu
Solved! Help, please!Purchasing PS4 for grandson. Choices: with or w/o USB port, digital output, HDMI,optical port, Bluetooth enabled?
Need advice on which speakers to purchase
How what optical cable to connect to a digital LG TV (no 3.5mm capability) to my Beats Studio headset? I purchased Aluratech a
I have purchased a Yamaha HTR 3067 6 ohms av receiver and connected to a john barrell 4 ohms 3 way tower speaker with centre a
Howdy Community! My name is Clarence and am about to purchase klf10 and am going to pair with Either, my Onkyo tx757 or Harmon
Need to know the matching receiver/amplifier to purchase
I have just purchased a Adat Xt20 Cosmetics . dose not seem to have been in a rack. But when i power up the tape logic switc
Preface this, I am hard of hearing, purchased Samsung smart tv, I use a speaker that is wireless, with adapter, it has a jack
I just purchased a Sony TV Bravio, I've been trying to hook up my Samsung sound bar and I've plugged in the white and red cabl
This Coupon Will Slash $8 Off Your Amazon Purchases
Need some help with a sound card purchase.
I have added some new songs I purchased from iTunes. How do I get these new songs and playlist to Music Manager?
Purchasing new headsets
I need some suggestions about purchasing a professional gaming headset
Should I Purchase the Kingston Hyperx Cloud 2?
How do I listen wirelessly over headphone to my newly purchased VU 40 inch basic HD led TV (not smart)?
purchased wrong audio mic splitter

ASK THE COMMUNITY