Kaspersky anti-virus unable to connect to server?

CisloIT

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
I have a computer that isn't connected to my domain controller. But my domain controller does see it. Kaspersky anti-virus security center is able to see the computer to. But when I go to install the program on there. It's unable to talk to the server. It gives me an error of http://servername.domainname.local:13000: failed to resolve address.

Solution
You are in luck, I had the same problem with a Kaspersky install I am doing for a client, here is what you need to do first you need to be able to ping the full server name "server.domain.local" if you can't you need to add the full server name to the host file on the computer.

CisloIT

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

I got enough CALS. But never of the links tell me how to install the keys.

CisloIT

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
The computer is not on the domain. But it is on the same network as the domain. I was able to install the agent and end point protection by the standalone. But it doesn't want to commutate with the console.

jeff-j

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
You are in luck, I had the same problem with a Kaspersky install I am doing for a client, here is what you need to do first you need to be able to ping the full server name "server.domain.local" if you can't you need to add the full server name to the host file on the computer.

Solution

CisloIT

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

I just edit the host file. It seems to be working now.