Keep an application the "primary" selected application and on front of screen even if other application prompts you?

gurasta1

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
So i have a unique problem and wondering if there is a solution. I play world of tanks, and i also play online poker. I have two monitors, and on one i play tanks while the other i play poker when it prompts me. Because of this I run in windowed mode in world of tanks(sometimes with an app called borderlessgaming that removes the border, sometimes not)

When a poker table "prompts" for action it takes over the primary application, world of tanks dehighlights(windowed bar of window highlights or dehighlights depending on its its "selected" or primary application. And i lose control of my virtual tank and its stops in its tracks often getting me killed. I know the program miniframe would split both monitors into seperate inputs but i dont really want to buy that or have separate inputs. So my question is this:

Is there way to force a application to always be the "Selected" application even during prompt or pop up from another application unless i alt/tab or hit windows key to change it?

Is virtual machining the second monitor the only way to do this?(assume it could be done this way)

Solution
The active Window will be where the mouse or selection is on. There are applications that can be written to not follow that rule but they have to be coded that way from the start and be "greedy" basically with the system management of resources which Windows does not want you to do with your programs in the first place to keep a program from interfering with the operation of others.

Get a cheap laptop and run the poker game on that, will solve your issue.

gurasta1

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
*Update* My poker client had a setting I was not aware of for "bring active table to front", turning it off half solved the problem as world of tanks no longer dehighlights but the table does not pop up over other tables on the second monitor now if they overlap/cover eachother so is still not ideal.

Is there software that would allow tanks to still be primary where if i have the bring active table to front setting on the table still pops up in front of others on the second monitor? If not is there way to achieve this goal by running a VM on second moniter?

The active Window will be where the mouse or selection is on. There are applications that can be written to not follow that rule but they have to be coded that way from the start and be "greedy" basically with the system management of resources which Windows does not want you to do with your programs in the first place to keep a program from interfering with the operation of others.

Get a cheap laptop and run the poker game on that, will solve your issue.

Solution