Solved! Keepin updated apps already on sd card fr revertin back to internal storage

reynoldswrap

Prominent
Mar 29, 2018
Hey everyone!
I have alot of apps stored on my sd card on my Galaxy J7. I don't care for automatic updatin so i go n periodically&update as necessary. That said, every time i update n app that's on the sd, it goes back into internal device memory&i have to go thru changin it back onto the sd? Is there a way to change the default for where app updates r stored that r already on sd card? Appreciate ur help, this is gettin old&frustratin.

Reactions: Hydra119
Solution
The update is telling you that a particular App is unable to work properly unless it's stored in the internal system folders. Apps which pre-date Android 6 were coded for internal when that was the only option. You moved them but the update is saying NO WAY!

If you're short of internal space, move some music or photos, etc. to the SdCard to free up some internal space for those Apps. They will work far better.
The update is telling you that a particular App is unable to work properly unless it's stored in the internal system folders. Apps which pre-date Android 6 were coded for internal when that was the only option. You moved them but the update is saying NO WAY!

If you're short of internal space, move some music or photos, etc. to the SdCard to free up some internal space for those Apps. They will work far better.

Solution