Kenwood XS Setup

bluebadger12

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2015
I have a stereo rack system my dad handed down to me. I'm still trying to learn all of the components which include a power amp, CD player, cassette deck, stereo tuner, graphic equalizer, and stereo control amp that are all from the early 90s. I do not know how to setup the Kenwood XS, or system control. I have all of the 3.5 mm cables but do not know how and what order to put them in.

Solution
You need stereo RCA cables to connect them. If there are 3.5mm jacks on the equipment it would be for system control to make using them easier but would not be necessary. The jacks would likely all go to the control amp and be labeled.
1. CD player output to control amp CD input (any line level input is OK).
2. Cassette Deck output to control amp tape input, Cassette Deck input to control amp record output. You can leave out the second one if you don't want to record tapes.
3. Tuner output to control amp tuner input. You will need an FM antenna too.
4. Control amp main out to EQ input.
5. EQ output to power amp input.
6. Speaker to power amp speaker terminals.
The amp should be the last piece that you turn on.
You need stereo RCA cables to connect them. If there are 3.5mm jacks on the equipment it would be for system control to make using them easier but would not be necessary. The jacks would likely all go to the control amp and be labeled.
1. CD player output to control amp CD input (any line level input is OK).
2. Cassette Deck output to control amp tape input, Cassette Deck input to control amp record output. You can leave out the second one if you don't want to record tapes.
3. Tuner output to control amp tuner input. You will need an FM antenna too.
4. Control amp main out to EQ input.
5. EQ output to power amp input.
6. Speaker to power amp speaker terminals.
The amp should be the last piece that you turn on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS