keyboard and touchpad are not working in Dell inspiron 5050 laptop

chandrinu

Estimable
Dec 24, 2015
i recently updated my dell inspiron 5050 laptop to windows 10 and as it was giving me trouble in the form of autorefresh which i couldnt figure it out i rolled back to windows 7. Following this my keyboard and touchpad stopped working on logging in. I couldnt log in. keyboard works during BIOS and with this i tried to restore to the previous well known configuration and despite of it keyboard and touchpad arenot working. I also tried startup recovery didnt work. i tried connecting external usb keyboard, usb mouse which was not detected at all. I also tried re inserting CMOS battery and motherboard resetting by unplugging the battery and pressing the power button for 30 secs. none of these worked so far. i got stuck very badly. Help me in this............

Solution
save your data & reload win7 or do a fresh install of win10 that might not have that keyboard mouse issue that you had when you did the upgrade.
Hi,

Here are couple more troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Try loading it in Safe Mode and see if you'll be able to login.
- While the laptop is loading, repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Do try if you'll be able to login once in Safe Mode.
- If all these will not work your last resort would be a factory reset.