Keyboard not working properly.

Jul 22, 2018
My keyboard is no longer working properly after a wipe down. All I did was wipe it down softly with a damp napkin now the keys are bugging out i don't think its my fault. the space bar is now connected to the period key the u key is now connected to the 6 key the r key is now connected to the 5 key and so on. My Computer is an HP Stream 14‑ax0XX. please send help fast

Solution
Well it is possible that some liquid got into the keyboard and is the cause of the problem. It also could be some debris got pushed in when you wiped it. Or it could just be not related at all to the cleaning and be just a coincidence.

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does...
Well it is possible that some liquid got into the keyboard and is the cause of the problem. It also could be some debris got pushed in when you wiped it. Or it could just be not related at all to the cleaning and be just a coincidence.

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Solution