keyboard not working properly

Aug 12, 2018
my keyboard suddenly stopped working properly a few days ago. Certain keys wont type in upper or lower case. Seems as the shift key isn't working properly either. I went to restore it to and earlier time and found out someone (Im thinking a virus) turned it off. hmmm so i couldn't use that. I'm using the on screen keyboard which is a pain. I've tried to do all the suggestion stated, like removing the driver. But nothing seems to help. What else can i do? My free malwarebytes didn't? pick up any virus either. But I would of never disabled restore points. No one should, so why is that even a option?

Solution
You shouldn't just uninstall and reinstall the driver.. that won't resolve an issue. The following is the correct way to do it.

Also, you should not get anything about 'removing restore points' so I am totally curious as to why mentioned that?

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If...
You shouldn't just uninstall and reinstall the driver.. that won't resolve an issue. The following is the correct way to do it.

Also, you should not get anything about 'removing restore points' so I am totally curious as to why mentioned that?

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Also, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Solution