Erika_97

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
:) My notebook all of sudden some of my letters on my keyboard turned into numbers like u turns into 4. Also i have tried the numberlock button but othing happens but now i have to hold down Fn to write otherwise it will come up with the numbers. I am at the momment and its windows 7.

It would be a great deal of help if anyone could give me answers to stop this keyboard trouble.

Thankyou
Erika :hello:

Changed the title so you would get more responses.

You can try reloading the keyboard driver via Acer's support site to see if that fixes the issue. If not, I suspect then that it is a hardware issue. If you are comfortable taking the keyboard off, you can check the cable attaching the keyboard to the motherboard to ensure that it is not damaged.

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Look in the BIOS see if there are any setting related to the operation of the Fn keys, Acer may have some software installed which you could look at also.

jfreggie

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Some laptop keyboards that don't have the 10-key off to the right will integrate a 10key into the keyboard. There is usually a Fn key that should toggle this on or off. Might help to know which Brand and Model laptop you have. :)

toby0

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011

Erika,

I am having the same problem, but mine was caused by use of an external HP keyboard which works fine. When I try to use the onboard keyboard, everything in the blue function area of the on board keyboard is wrong. I believe thisis a driver problem, and has nothing to do with the hardware in the Acer. A "K" becomes a 2; a "P" becomes a * etc. all the keys with a blue function mark take over when the key is pressed. There is nothing wrong with your keyboard except the driver. You can restore the factory drivers and get it back, but I need touse them both so I need a toggle method.

Good luck,

Toby