Keyboard typing wrong/multiple characters

tjorgenson9

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
Hello,

I think I may have a problem specifically with the 'W' key on my keyboard. All my keys work, but some of them add 'w' after I type, for example 'iw'.
The following keys are affected;
keypad 5
keypad 1
arrow key left
r
u
i
[
]
f3
f11
pgup
It should be noted that even with numlock off, it still types 'w' when I press the keypad 5 or 1. Some things I've notice are that the 'w' key itself is sticky, I have to press it several times to get it to type and if I hold it then let go, it continues typing for half a second. Also the keys that are affected don't always add 'w' afterwards (it's probably 75% of the time). I don't recall spilling anything on my keyboard, this has started happening randomly recently. The only thing I can think of is I was playing a game, the game hard-locked and I had to hard-restart my computer. Is my keyboard borked and in need of replacement?

Here is my system iformation if you need it..

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/16/2017, 15:11:43
Machine name: THOMASPC
Machine Id: {E691DD38-4D44-4A18-98FA-85C45EDB0237}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_sec.170327-1835)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: G751JT
BIOS: G751JT.202
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16334MB RAM
Page File: 5364MB used, 18904MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

Solution
Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.
Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Solution