Keyboards from Outer Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFGum

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
LOL, number 6 sure is intresting. For starters its sideways that way. So the girl would have to lay back.perhaps straddling your lap and laying their back against a wall? Perhaps they should invent a chair to match it.
Wheres that mouse cord going anyhow...
Anyhow, some of these look decent and very practical, while others look almost impossible to type on.

G

Not quite as crazy.. but you should show the Kinesis keyboards.. I love them.. own 2. They are similar to the Maltron 2 handed models, but not quite as expensive and extremely comfortable. As a programmer, I spend quite alot of time with mine.

Werelds

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
Although the price is crazy, the Optimus would've fit in here quite nicely :p

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/

G

To whoever wrote this article:

Taiwan is not a part of Japan...

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
I own #4 in red and it's a really nice keyboard,It's more rubber than plastic,but you can roll it up and stick it in your jacket pocket or backpack,I use it reconfig my comp because my logitech G15 is USB only and doesn't work with a ps2 adapter,It's pretty cool

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
#11 lets you get 85 wpm!!!! Wow, and I type around 98 (110 with errors)
on my Microsoft natural, how is this a selling point if it makes you slower? I've tried a bunch of gimmicky keyboards, and I always come back to the Microsoft Natural. It's the only one that doesn't make my carpal tunnel act up.

titaniumcloud

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]michaelahess[/nom]#11 lets you get 85 wpm!!!! Wow, and I type around 98 (110 with errors)on my Microsoft natural, how is this a selling point if it makes you slower?[/citation]

Isn't this one marketed for people with only one hand? I never really thought about it before but I suppose keyboard manufacturers would have to really research this stuff to make a good keyboard for that type of use.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]michaelahess[/nom]#11 lets you get 85 wpm!!!! Wow, and I type around 98 (110 with errors)on my Microsoft natural, how is this a selling point if it makes you slower? I've tried a bunch of gimmicky keyboards, and I always come back to the Microsoft Natural. It's the only one that doesn't make my carpal tunnel act up.[/citation]

85 wpm ONE-HANDED that is not a low number, try getting that number one-handed on you keyboard, doubt you can get half that.

duzcizgi

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Such an article forgetting about Art Lebedev's Optimus Maximus? Tsk tsk. But yes, I agree, Optimus Maximus is a bit pricey. ;)

BallistaMan

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
I got an Orbitouch (#12) a few years a ago from a friend after he had some issues with carpal tunnel. Took me a while to get the hang of it, but I occasionally pull it out when someone's coming over to freak them out.

Can't game on it though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.