bullshit-attack

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
Hello,
I bought an Asus laptop and tried to install Windows 8 on it from CD and everything went perfectly well until I got to the point where I was asked which drive I want it to be installed on and there I got the following warning message: 'windows cannot be installed to disk 0 partition 1' (it appeared at partition 2 as well) because the partition should be an NTFS one. I managed to find the following solution to that problem on a forum:

1. Boot up to installation DVD/CD.
2. Click install but don't follow through.
3. Press SHIFT-F10 to bring up console.
4. Type "diskpart"
5. Once inside diskpart type:
-> list disk (find the one you want to convert)
-> select disk 0 (select the one you want from the list)
-> clean (wait an hour or so until its done)
-> quit
6. Continue with install

My main problem is that when I get to the fifth step, I can't type the required words because some keys (e, g, h) just don't work. Someone told me the problem can be with just the FreeDOS, but if so, I doubt I can solve it with the Windows not being installed.

Should I take my laptop to an expert to fix it for me or should I just go with the other option and try delete both drives and create new ones? Or is there any other possible solution?
I would appreciate every little help since it's my first try at installing an operation system and I'm not really good at tech stuff.

Solution
When you enter the install and are selecting the drive/partition, click 'advanced' and allow it to format. Should format to NTFS or as required and continue.

bullshit-attack

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015

Thanks for the answer, I have installed Windows successfully. However, the keys I mentioned aforehead are still not working, it seems to be a manufacturing problem so I'm taking it to the service to have it replaced.