Keys work intermittently

chuckles2666

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
I have a Lenovo V570, and the keys started not working unless I press down really hard on them, which sucks when i'm trying to type up a proposal. I replaced the keyboard, but still having the exact same issue. Short of updating the driver, and reseating the cable, can anyone think of any more possible solutions, or causes? All I can think of is that the connection is defective, on the motherboard end since I replaced the keyboard, and since I don't know how to fix a motherboard, short of replacing it, that means It basically can't be fixed.

chuckles2666

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
An external keyboard works fine. I was thinking of just reseating the keyboard connection, but cleaning it first. Any recommendations on what to use to clean it? I was thinking of alcohol. I figure if cleaning and reseating doesn't fix it, then it must be a problem with the connection at the motherboard.

chuckles2666

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
I have not received the laptop back to try any solutions on it, so I am going to close this thread, and if I do get it back, create another thread if nothing on here works.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
dhruvjain Laptop Tech Support 3
Kit F Laptop Tech Support 0
John Doe 38 Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 1
2 Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
Q Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 3